Thursday, March 29, 2012

See America First



Dreaming of vacations recently...  I can't imagine why.  For some reason the ad for Southwest Airlines keeps popping up in my brain while getting the kids cleaned up from dinner.

Or dealing with another mess from the last child refusing to be completely potty trained.

Or dealing with a major five year-old going to sixteen year-old attitude who apparently has been cursed with one of the absolutely most incompetent human beings on the planet for a mother.  You should hear her explain common household objects to me like I speak another language.  

Wanna get away?

YES! 

Now, that's good marketing.

All throughout my childhood and my single, pre-kid years, I dreamed of going places, seeing things, meeting people, much like George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life, but without George's eventual massive community involvement and neighborhood impact.  But while I still hold dear my dreams of international travel within the next 50 years of my life, within the next 20 or so is most likely another story.  One mama toting four kids out of country?  Uh-uh.  Maybe when we're all grown up.  Or when they're grown up.  I make no promises for my own maturity.  

Family vacations are the new goal for the time being.  And what better place than our own backyard?  I'm getting excited about visiting parts of America I've never seen before, revisiting old favorites, and creating traditions in cool places close to home here in lovely Florida.  

And I'll be bringing the kids of course.

Probably...

I believe a lovely summer Charleston trip is in order very soon.  

Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment