Saturday, May 19, 2012

Etsy Love

I need a doorstop.  And I can't just get any old doorstop.  I need an awesome doorstop.  I love when I feel I have to buy some piece of clothing or a household item, because then I have the freedom to choose something unique, even if it's something seemingly inconsequential.

This item, however, is crucial.  I have a bathroom door off balance.  If that doorknob nails me in the arm again while I'm helping a toddler wash her hands, I'm going to have a psychotic break.  So you can see the how urgent this particular purchase is, can't you?  Of course you can.

So of course I went to Etsy, because, as I've mentioned before, I have a problem.  An Etsy addiction problem.  They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, but unfortunately, this is as far as I'm willing to go on this road to recovery.

I love seeing what people make, and I like to support them when I can.

So here is my new doorstop:


I'm so excited.  I wanted to take a picture of it after it came, but I'm in a hurry to share my new nautical coolness with you.  I ordered this from Next Door to Heaven.  They make rustic and homey things from burlap, which I can't wait to get in the mail.  

I love getting things in the mail.

Ordering this got me in a nautical frame of mind.  So I started looking for other things seaworthy.


This bracelet is so simple and whimsical from GreenDuckWeed.  I imagine wearing it out and about on Saturdays.  My kids would love to see this in my jewelry drawer, which they love to investigate from time to time.


I love the freshness of blue and white alone.  This would look amazing with Lily's untamed curls.  I'm going to have to make something similar for her soon, but I'm not sure it would look as adorable as this one from Chocolatine.


Can anyone else smell the saltwater?  Concertina Press.



Lepun is one of my favorite shops.  Her stuff is so sweet and fun.  I have my eye on some red and white stud earrings from here.  

I've moved a lot.  But there's a reason I always end up in a coastal state.  Give me a quiet beach on an overcast day, and I'm in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment