Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Evening Tidbits



1.  Ivy snores.  Like a buzz saw.  You might think this was as funny and sweet as I do if you saw how tiny she is.  She's a half-pint family terrorist and one of the funniest people I've ever, ever met.

2.  I always look in on the kids and gently arrange them in their wee beds before turning in myself.  Well, actually, I gently turn snoring Ivy, tenderly pull the covers over curled-up Lily, and carefully arrange Rose's many necessary sleep fellows (i.e. Steve the dog, Winnie the Pooh, and Piano the baby) around her sleeping form.

Awwww...

I then heroically perform a feat of near-mythological proportions in order to gymnastically propel Leif, from whatever defiance of physics he's managed to achieve while falling asleep, back onto his pillow, yanking his covers over him, and marveling that once that boy's fallen asleep, I could catapult him to New Mexico, and he probably wouldn't wake up until around 6:30 a.m. to wonder aloud that he shouldn't have to go to school that day, him being in New Mexico and all.

I swear it actually took me three minutes to find him on his bed tonight.

3.  I found out a couple nights ago that my kids love chicken parmigiana with a ferocity once only reserved for Cracker Barrel pancakes.

Run, chickens!  RUN!!!

4.  I'm in the weeds.  If you've ever worked in a busy restaurant, you are familiar with this term.  It means orders backed up from here to kingdom come.

Well, I've got household stuff backed up from here to kingdom come.  My list of stuff to do tires me out just thinking about it.  I'd go to bed, but of course, there's a giant mound of clean laundry on it to be folded and put away.  I think it's time the kids and I learned to live with a shirt, a pair of pants, a couple undies, and a pair of socks apiece.  What do we need all these clothes for anyway?

5 people  x  a couple days of normal livin'  =  big pile of laundry on Mama's sleep space

Sigh.

5.  I love being a mom.

Actually, I love being my kids' mom.  No offense to the rest of you and your supposedly lovely children, but my kids are super awesome!  And I don't think any other arrangement would be quite the same.

G'night.




No comments:

Post a Comment