Friday, January 20, 2012

January Sunshine



I'm starting a collection of homemade things for our new house.  We don't have a house yet; nor are we in a position to begin house hunting.  But I'm going to be ready.  Of course, these projects may not survive till then.  I may end up giving them away before we get there.  Either way...

And I usually tend to jump into things with both feet -- I have this thing called "zeal" -- which can sometimes lead to messy, disorganized results.  So since I only get about 5-6 hours of sleep at night as it is, I figure I should add projects little on a small scale to see what I can accomplish without sacrificing more sleep.

(I mean, what the heck?  It drives me crazy sometimes that I have to sleep at some point.  All that time when you can't actually do anything.  When I was in high school and college I actually tried to nurture insomnia every now and then.  One of my many examples of healthy decision-making over the decades.

Then I had infants.  And when you function on 2-3 hours of sleep at a time, you want to murder anyone who gets in the way of more sleep.  I have now found that I can function pretty well (with minimal grumpiness) on roughly six, and then about once or twice a month, I'll try to throw in a couple extra hours just to catch up.  This makes me seem more productive in my waking hours than I actually am, however.  Alas, whereas I have oodles of drive, I lack focus.  

I'm getting better.  I can read one book at a time now.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

But I digress.)

I really love Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn, because if when I make something, I like it to be functional.  And like a lot of clever yarn manufacturers, they include free crochet and knitting patterns with their yarn or little pattern booklets nearby in the craft store.  I crocheted these sunny, little dishcloths from their Kitchen Kolors booklet (cheesy name, good patterns).  The patterns are good for beginners, too, and pretty quick to do.

Okay.  That's my spiel for the day.

Lily Yarn, please feel free to send me free balls of yarn, and please don't mind the "cheesy name" comment.  


No comments:

Post a Comment